Tranny - Engine bolts!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

josh_crewdson@y

last thing i need for my swap is trans to engine mounting bolts, majestic honda says i only need five? (#'s 13, 33) Honda Automotive Parts

according to my local honda dealership these are the bolts, but i know i need more than 5. has anyone ever run into this problem?

If so what part#s are the bolts i need?

thanks

this is pissing me off, i cannot find any definite answers. this is the only thing keeping the swap from going in damnit!

I think 5 is right......go to a honda parts store and find out how many and bullshit your way to finding out the size and grade. Then go to a bolt store and get them cheaper. The Honda grade of bolt is metric and its hard to get metric rated bolts (in terms of stretch) her in the US but there are comparable grade expressed in standard and the bolt guys will know what will work

The bolts you spoke about are 12X. Just call the Honda parts guy and see what grade they are. They say on the top of the bolt.

ive been to honda, i even called majestic, they dont know which bolts they are. im at my wits end with this..

I don't have the Helm's with me right now. I'm out of town and its on my lap top. I'll look up something and get back to you.

EDIT: I looked at the link you sent...it has the quantity required right there (2) of the 12X65 and (3) of the 12X70 So...yes 5 bolts

Once I'm back in town, I'll look at mine but I do recall 5 of them.

Last edited:
thank you cafrog, finally im getting somewhere!! i also read that one of the starter bolts is longer and helps hold it on also?

If you have the motor and trans, why not just look and count the number of bolts you need?

I think he is starting with a bunch of pieces and not many bolts. I can see him freaking out a bit but caboose, you're right. He can mate them together and see what is needed.

I do believe that one of the starter bolts is longer then the other. If your Honda dealer Part guy can't find that out....he's an idiot.....word to yo motha! Gop to hondapartscheap.com and call the toll free number. They are pretty helpful but often need a VIN# to get you to the right part. Although they may be able to help.

What is the motor/trans?

I ordered mine online from boltdepot. No auto parts stores here had them in stock. Was a M12 1.25 X 65. I got the grade 8.8 and haven't had any problems.

well two are for the starter so that would be 7....how many are you seeing on the transmission? Maybe get us a few pics?

well are all 7 the same length? it looks like a couple go from the engine side to the trans also? ill look again when i get home from work and school tonight and take some pics..

I think that there are two different lengths. Three if you count the long starter bolt. You could probably use a wire or something in the holes to measure the depth.

Your Honda dealership is full of a bunch of idiots if they can't help you figure this out. B16 is in 2 different USDM cars...plus the B20 in older CRV's has the same friggin' bolts too. Maybe go ask one of the actual mechanics. I will try to remember to look at my B16 and let you know. yes...like I said the Starter bolts are different lengths but same diameter.

alright guys, just looked again really close. there are 4 bolts that go from the trans to the engine, and 2 that go from the engine side to the trans. then the one long starter bolt. now i just need lengths. and also what bolts to the 2 holes at the bottom edge of the trans? the two holes that go through the clutch cover.

Back