tranny grinds gears (synchro problems)

What have you guys used has a temp or permanant fix for synchro problems?

• 2. gm synchromesh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. red line tranny fluid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kingmarc63

Let me know what kind of experiences you guys had with either of these tranny fluids and which do you reccommend for synchro problems.....
Thanks

match revs and dont FORCE it into gear

never used any of those fluids

i am afraid to get my ass whop because of tranny problem...
then having to try and explain it to the winner.

Why not just save the damn 10 dollars your going to use on the oil and put it towards new synchros?

xyswany, are u going put the synchros in my tranny when i buy them... fucktard???
do you know how costly it is to replace those, i might has well get a new tranny...

I always use and recommend the oem MTF,

and please stop "power shifting" you dont' gain shit from it,

Originally posted by JDMilan@Dec 3 2003, 10:49 PM
I always use and recommend the oem MTF,

and please stop "power shifting" you dont' gain shit from it,

Redline oils are nice... in my humble opinion

and i think "power shifting" has a definite benefit: keeping honda and some poor mechanic somewhere in the money

i don't mean to be a moron but what is your definition of power shifting?? i want to make sure i am on the same page as you guys

i granny shift most of the times unless i am challenged

Originally posted by kingmarc63@Dec 3 2003, 11:35 PM
i don't mean to be a moron but what is your definition of power shifting?? i want to make sure i am on the same page as you guys

i granny shift most of the times unless i am challenged

I'm feeling a definite Fast and Furious vibe here, with the granny shifting and the power shifting...

anyways, powershifting is when you fail to take your foot off the gas while frantically mashing on the clutch, changing gears and popping the clutch... puts a lot of stress on the entire drivetrain, and gains absolutely nothing

for more F&F terms:

i granny shift and double clutch when i don't want to grind 3rd gear,
but i can't do that if i want to kick an ass or 2
so i am looking for a cheap temp or permanent fix for this.

christ.

power shifting is good if your clutch blows out on you and you need to limp home. thats about it.

use honda MTF.
and learn how to drive like a non movie-driver fuckface

:werd: YOU CAN"T USE ANYTHING OTHER THAN HONDA MTF!!!! Or maybe regular 10W30 as a temporary substitute. If you would stop driving like a fucktard(no flaming intended), you wouldn't even need synchros in the first place. Go ahead and put redline MTF in your tranny. It says on the back that it's safe for use in Honda automoblies, but it's 75W90 gear oil!!!! I don't care what they say, that shit will blow up your tranny faster than you can say jack flash. There is no fix for worn synchros, except to replace them. I have 145,000 miles on my original 93 si tranny, and it still shifts as good as when it was new, because i don't power shift, it's useless and fucking stupid. I agree with some of the ppl here, guys like you keep my shop in business, blowing trannys left and right. I probably replace at least 2 Honda tranny's a week. Then I take the bad one, put new synchronizers in it and resell it for like $300. PPl don't ever want their transes re-built, they just allways want me to put in a used one. Shit, I've even put more than 3 tranny's in the same persons car, cause the goddamn idiot won't stop F&F'in around in his riced out shit box
FUCK!!!! sorry about the rant, but this shit just pisses me off

Originally posted by xyswany@Dec 3 2003, 08:12 PM
then buy a new goddamn tranny.

:withstupid:

If you can't figure that one out you shouldn't be street racing people anyway.

OK PEOPLE...CALM DOWN CALM DOWN...
I DON'T WANT TO FLOOD THIS TREAD WITH PEOPLE VOICING THEIR OPINIONS.I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHO HAVE USED THESE OILS.I KNOW ABOUT HONDA MTL BUT THAT WON'T HELP ME NOW. MANY PEOPLE WITH A LOW BUDGET HAVE USED THE ADDITIVES AND OILS LISTED ABOVE WITH GOOD RESULTS ON AN ALREADY FUCKED UP TRANNY....SO IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE THREE CHOICES ABOVE ....SHUT YOUR FUCKING HOLE...PLEASE, LETS KEEP THIS CONSTRUCTIVE AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME DRIVING. IF ALL YOU HAVE IS JUST OPINION AND NO EXPERIENCES WITH THE POLL OPTIONS, JUST READ AND MOVE ON..

i work at acura(as a runner) and the techs always tell me to use 10-30 because its thicker then MTF. I was using MTF before the told me and i would always grind 5th going on the freeway and now that i use 10-30 i only grind 5th when 4th is 5k or over.

Honda MTF is a fix for grinding is certain cases. Try it first, when the sync's are lubed from inside the shaft, thinner is better in some ways. I have seen guys run Red Line with no problem. However, I seriously doubt that it's going to help at this point.

Back