tranny help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

quadboy2002

fed-town racer
i was looking at getting the zc motor cause my motor is shot i have the stock civic motor in there and i wanna know if i were to buy a d15b can i use my stock tranny cause right now i cant afford to buy the zc and tranny any help would be great thanx

yes you can use your stock transmission with the D15B - you can't use the ZC transmission with the D15B as the block has no place to bolt the ZC intermediate shaft to - to use the ZC transmission you would need to swap out the differential carrier for one from an Si or get special axles made with the larger Integra inner CV joints - you would be better off spending the extra $100 or so to get the DOHC ZC engine without the ZC transmission - the DOHC ZC will run much better than a D15B

Last edited:
I'm slightly confused here, JLI. Why can you run a ZC transmission with a D16A6 but not a D15B VTEC?
the ZC transmission uses an intermediate shaft which bolts to the back of the block - the D15 block doesn't have any place to bolt it on - the D16A6 block has the holes but on most of them the holes need to be tapped in order to get the bolts in - ZC block on left - D15 block on right

Attachments

• ZCshaftbolts.jpg
    ZCshaftbolts.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 319
  • zcshaftd15block.jpg
    zcshaftd15block.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
Learn something new everyday.

Yet another reason why the D15B VTEC is just a bunch of JDM fluff. Buy a Z6. :)
yeah, get a Z6 for the extra torque - a D15B is still a D15

i was looking at getting the zc motor cause my motor is shot i have the stock civic motor in there and i wanna know if i were to buy a d15b can i use my stock tranny cause right now i cant afford to buy the zc and tranny any help would be great thanx
just remember that in order to run the D15B VTEC correctly, you will need to convert to OBD1 which means buying an OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness and OBD1 ECU - pretty soon you have more money in it than in a DOHC ZC

Back