tranny hose Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

-94-AccordH22

hey all. there is 2 coolant type hoses on the backside of my manual tranny and im converting from an automatic. so i dont think theyd be coolers. but where do they go?

Quoted post[/post]]
hey all. there is 2 coolant type hoses on the backside of my manual tranny and im converting from an automatic. so i dont think theyd be coolers. but where do they go?

I believe I know what you are talking about. Two small side by side hoses that curl downward where they attach? I think they are transmission cooling lines, but I never traced them. At any rate, just block them off, so they don't leak all over. I use litte rubber nipple thingies.

lol. ok so blocking them sounds like a plan. ill just keep in mind. tranny overheat or burned something= tab.. just messin man.

Quoted post[/post]]
those 2 hoses are power steering reference hoses. i guess they tell the rack how fast your going and how hard to work.

OK, that makes sense. How do they tie into a manual transmission?

Also, there is the sensor on the high pressure power steering pump line.

well im just going to leave them undone. becuase on the auto tranny there was none so im not going to have to worry about steering problems.

I kept the Auto tranny, so all the lines had a place, and I never worried about it.

nice nice. i cant stand my auto tranny. ive driven it for 3 years and couldnt afford a new car with a MT so doing the swap was educational and worthwhile for me.

Back