1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tranny in b18c

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by 93chaosdx, Sep 2, 2007.

1. 93chaosdx

93chaosdx 93dxowner

well my b18c1 swap is done and now it is doing something weird. while driving in second, fourth, and sometimes fifth. if i am just cruising at a constant rpm it will kick out of gear, is this the syncros? and if so how difficult would it be to fix. it is kind of annoying one guy said it sould be the motor mounts, i used the stock motor mounts from a teggy. any help would be great

2. positiveforce63

positiveforce63 New Member

its not the motor mounts at all, specialy if ur at a constant speed, my tranny did it in 5th and it was because the fluid was low and I pushed it and ended up cracking the case, it sounds like its deff. ur syncros! on the hard part, u'll have to know what your doing put it that way if u can pull ur tranny and take it to a shop u shouldn't be looking at that much

3. johnercivic

johnercivic New Member

Do you have a short shifter? I've seen it happen with lower end short shifters where it pops out of gear. If so, it's an easier and cheaper solution than fixing your syncros/tranny.

4. 93chaosdx

93chaosdx 93dxowner

that i do not i am using the stock gsr shifter. i also have a b&m shifter. ill just run it till the tranny dies.

5. qtmac_mien

qtmac_mien Senior Member

change ur tranny fluid

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted