Tranny motor mount...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

scottp11

The Seniorest Member....
I'm putting in a 97 B18B in my 97 Civic, and I've got the motor in the car so far. But the tranny motor mount doesn't line up. I've asked a couple shops around here, and they said it should. It's the stock motor mount that came with the B18B. Am I supposed to get custom mounts or something?:unsure:

Thanx for your help and time! :worthy:

If you're talking about the rear tranny mount, your are gonna have to get a 99-00 Si mount. The one that came with the motor are a little too long. The top one, you can reuse your original(single cam). The front/side mount, you use the one that came with the motor.

Hope this helps/answer you. :)

Yeah, I'm talking about the one on the pass. side by the wheel. I was looking at the old one off my Y8 and noticed they looked the same. I'm gonna try that. Thanx for your help. ^_^

Are you sure you gotta get the 99-00 Si rear tranny mount cuzz it looks like it fits. :unsure:

Damn, you know where I can get one for cheap? I didn't plan on buying motor or tranny mounts. :thumbsdown:

Well, the only place is to try eBay. :(

I live in a big city, wreck yards here barely has an SI. Give your local wreck yards a call first.

Another place to look is thepartstrader.com
and the Hondaswap parts wants/sell forms

Last resort, the dealer........ <_<

Man, thanx. I appriciate you taking the time to answer my questions. Thanx again, until them I'll be :walk:

Back