Tranny Noise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I hear a loud wining noise when I let off the gas and start slowing down but when I push in the clutch it stops. I also hear a loud noise when I am accelerating in some of the gears. Please help me. What could be wrong with my car?

I do hear some noise and when I push in the cluch it stops. It almost sound like somthing is rubbing.

if you have the oppurtunity to crack open your tranny..i would replace the throw out bearin in tranny..its not very expensive sold by itself..but it also must be compitable with your clutch..it comes with clutch kits..

well yeah its not GOOD..you wanna get it replaced..if it is that..its only gonna get worse..if you take it to a shop to get fixed..its not the part that is goin to cost alot..its the LABOR..and that all depends were you take it..shop around man..

without any of us..or anybody for that matter..that hasnt actually seen the car..it could a couple of things..but to ME it sounds like that could very well be the prob..if you bring some where to get fixed asked them if that is a possibility..it doesnt cost anything to get a estimate or opinion from a mechanic..

were is the throw out bearing located? I don't see it anywhere in the service manual.

I asked one of my friend what he thought and said it is most likely the input bearing.
Is the input bearing the same as the throw out beaing?

If you hear any noise while your in neutral and not touching the clutch, any sort of rubbing or grinding. It might be imput-shaft bearing failure. I'm experienceing that now. Makes sounds in most gears, very loud if you floor it in first gear. Stops for a moment if you accelerate gently in 2nd and 3rd gears. If its anything like that, might be just Imput shaft bearing failure(which leads to other problems with the gears and synchros) if not, hopefuly just your throwout bearing. The throw out bearing would be my preference, cause its way easier to fix than Imput shaft anything. Sadly, I have to buy a new tranny, and its hard to find nice trannies off D16z6's or Y8's.

Back