1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tranny or clutch?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by CRX2NR18, May 8, 2004.

1. CRX2NR18

CRX2NR18 Senior Member

well i was runnin my SOHC VTEC CRX n SI tranny. well ever sense i did the swap it sounded like my tranny was about to go, like the throw out bearing was grinding. i hit 3rd tonight and BOOM, click click bzzzzzzzzzzzz..... car still was running, but it wont let me move, my clutch petal will go to the ground, and now my car wont start... bad tranny and clutch? or what... i mean i know its gotta all come apart anyways but still

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

can you shift gears easily when the car is off? If not, then it probally isn't your clutch.

You said your clutch pedal fell to the floor. Did it come back up? If not, then you probally have a blown out clutch or slave cylinder.

3. CRX2NR18

CRX2NR18 Senior Member

it woudlnt go into any gears at all, and it was making a high buzzing noise after the boom, ill find out 2morrow when i take it apart lol

4. CRX2NR18

CRX2NR18 Senior Member

holy shit, i took out my tranny tonight, and wow there was nothing left of the clutch! there was no pressure plate or clutch, it was all shattered!! my tranny is okay tho :)

5. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

please tell up what brand PP and clutch it is so we never buy that ever again.

6. CRX2NR18

CRX2NR18 Senior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted