1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tranny Problems?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Raxx, May 14, 2003.

1. Raxx

Raxx Junior Member

My car is making some kinda weird noise, like its grinding or something. But when I press in the clutch it gets quiet. But as I move the noise gets a lil faster. I had a few friends that told me a few different things that could be wrong. One says that it could be a warped flywheel, another says that my tranny is goin out (he said that something like the shaft or some other kinda crap is going out), the guy who I bought my car from said that it was my speedometer cable being loose, but after I drove that car for a month, the noise got louder. Hell I bought that 90 4 door Teg for 1k. If it was a tranny problem, could I pour oil into the tranny so that it would be more lubricated. If so, what kinda oil do I use, motor oil 10w30, or lucas oil, or redline tranny oil? I seen one of my friends pour 2 quarts of motor oil 10w30 along wit a little bit of lucas oil. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

If the tranny goes out, it just gives me a good reason to do a swap.

I'm tryin to debate if I should go ls/vtec with the complete swap (like forged rods, high compression piston, b16 head and tranny, tuning the ecu, and other things like timing belt, water belt, and so on)

Either that or Ls/Turbo with forged rods and low compression pistons. Ls/Turbo would be great for the speed but ls/vtec would seem more reliable. which they both would run me about the same price.

What do you guys think I should do?

2. JDMSpecAccordSir-T

JDMSpecAccordSir-T Member

I have the same problem in my F20B/H22A accord also. I thought it was the throwout bearing at first but i replaced it when i swapped out my stock clutch and flywheel and it still makes that sound. Its like rubbing sandpaper on cement but softer. I would love to know what it is thats making that sound but you only hear mine when its in neutral and i let the clutch up. When i sink the clutch it gos away.

3. Raxx

Raxx Junior Member

Ya, mine does that too. When it's in neutral and the clutch is up, the noise is loud as crap, but when I press on it, it gets quiet.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted