1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tranny problems!

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by delsol96, Jul 8, 2003.

1. delsol96

delsol96 Junior Member

hello all! I was driving in 5th when it felt like it sliped out so I pushed in the clutch and put it back in 5th ,but nothing. So I pulled over and it will only go into 1st,4th,and reverse. It goes into 5th but nothing and it will not go into 2nd or 3rd. When I drive in 1st it make this whinning noise, some thing if I sit in neutral with the clutch out. If I push the clutch in, then noise goes away? Some people said I have a cracked pressure plate? Any suggestions what it could be. I am pulling it on Friday, but just looking for some intel! Thanks! B)

VISIT unlimitedvisionz.net Thats were I am from. US military Germany!!

2. daviid

daviid Member

congratulations you need a new tranny :( i blew up a hole the size of tennis ball right by the shift linkage on my old integra and i lost my gears pretty much how you described. that really sucked :(

3. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

well I doubt it's your clutch assembly, but when you pull it apart do check that first since you can replace a pressure/disc at a much lower cost than replacing your tranny if thats the case.

Have someone also inspect your tranny.

Milan

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted