Tranny problems!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delsol96

hello all! I was driving in 5th when it felt like it sliped out so I pushed in the clutch and put it back in 5th ,but nothing. So I pulled over and it will only go into 1st,4th,and reverse. It goes into 5th but nothing and it will not go into 2nd or 3rd. When I drive in 1st it make this whinning noise, some thing if I sit in neutral with the clutch out. If I push the clutch in, then noise goes away? Some people said I have a cracked pressure plate? Any suggestions what it could be. I am pulling it on Friday, but just looking for some intel! Thanks! B)

VISIT unlimitedvisionz.net Thats were I am from. US military Germany!!

congratulations you need a new tranny :( i blew up a hole the size of tennis ball right by the shift linkage on my old integra and i lost my gears pretty much how you described. that really sucked :(

well I doubt it's your clutch assembly, but when you pull it apart do check that first since you can replace a pressure/disc at a much lower cost than replacing your tranny if thats the case.

Have someone also inspect your tranny.

Milan

Back