1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tranny problems

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by sihatchback_RL, Aug 24, 2004.

1. sihatchback_RL

sihatchback_RL Senior Member

I swapped over a tranny today and ran into some problems. I car will shift into gear, but will not move. You have to keep the pedal depressed unless the engine dies off. 3rd 4th moves a little but makes a rattle noise. The clutch i got is from a junk yard and don't know if it'll work. The only mistake i know i did was that i took off my VTEC Solenoid and oil dripped just a tiny drop on it. HELP GUYS!

2. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

did you put all the things on right? the clutch, throwout bearing?? if yeah maybe that tranny is messed up.

3. sihatchback_RL

this is the replacment tranny i bought for the one i got jipped on ebay. And this is the second time i got jipped. In neutral, it moves forward a bit. i can't push the car unless i depress the clutch. and when it moves a little on 4 and 3 gear, i can hear a loud clattering noise. i can also smell burning clutch. i don't know what the hell to do.

4. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

uhh... maybe its your clutch??

5. sihatchback_RL

I found out the it´s not the clutch, i barely got any oil on there. The tranny i think is the problem, the shaft the sticks into the clutch doesn´t move at all, it´s rock hard, aren´t you suppose to have some freeplay there? it´s not in gear too.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted