Tranny question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sia

thinking of a rebuild and not sure what tranny to use with B20 head

Originally posted by sia@Oct 11 2004, 02:11 PM
thinking of a rebuild and not sure what tranny to use with B20 head
[post=401204]Quoted post[/post]​

What exactly are you asking? The transmission choice doesn't really have anything to do with the head- it never even touches it.

sorry about b4...lookin to build B20 with a B16 head..not sure what will be best first step to getting the most out the project...just checking for advice...not sure if i wnat to turbo or not yet.

for NA, i recommend the b16, but if your on a low budget and can't spit out the gas, i stay with the gsr. For turbo, ls.

What's up Greg? I can get you the B20 motor for $550. You will also need a B series tranny, an ECU and axles for your swap. Call me after 6 and I'll tell you what you need. Or these guys on HondaSwap can sometimes be very helpfull. You gotta catch 'em on a good day though.... :p

Whats up Greg this is Jonathan, Shadneys friend. Don't listen to Shadney he will tell you to buy all the expensive parts, and then he goes and buys the cheap parts he tells everyone else not to buy.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Oct 11 2004, 06:44 PM
Whats up Greg this is Jonathan, Shadneys friend. Don't listen to Shadney he will tell you to buy all the expensive parts, and then he goes and buys the cheap parts he tells everyone else not to buy.
[post=401308]Quoted post[/post]​

You fucking bitch. You are just butt hurt because I said I might run an APC muffler. Big fucking deal. I want a muffler with a burnt tip. Magnaflow doesn't make one and dynomax's is like ten feet long. I'll be running no cat and a magnaflow muffler for a resonator. So it will still sound good and look good as well. So fuck off. :fuckyou2:

On a side note - I just found a stash of OLD comptech shit up in my wherehouse. I have the swaybar/tie bar combo for the integra and a header for my car.... yummy.... :)

Uhmmmm can you please get me a comptech header? Sorry Greg. Not trying to thread jack. Lets get back on topic, call Shadney after 6pm he will help you I am just here to give Shadney a hard time.

Originally posted by nocturnalhatch@Oct 11 2004, 05:13 PM
for NA, i recommend the b16, but if your on a low budget and can't spit out the gas, i stay with the gsr. For turbo, ls.
[post=401269]Quoted post[/post]​

No.

If you want to go fast... shorter gears > longer gears... end of story.

The myth that longer gears are better for turbo is bullshit! Hondas make all their power at high rpms so you want to keep the rpms up as much as possible. Having a tranny with shorter gears will do this.

B16/ITR would be my number one choice for going fast, but driving on the freeway might suck so a GSR would be a little better. The LS tranny is shit especially if you have vtec and rev to like 8500 rpms! I think my buddy with a b16 turbo was telling me he is going about 110mph at redline in third gear with his LS tranny? That fucking blows ass lol.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Oct 11 2004, 04:39 PM
I think my buddy with a b16 turbo was telling me he is going about 110mph at redline in third gear with his LS tranny? That fucking blows ass lol.
[post=401334]Quoted post[/post]​

haha, omg, that would totally suck

i must agree, b16/itr

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Oct 11 2004, 05:21 PM
What's up Greg? I can get you the B20 motor for $550. You will also need a B series tranny, an ECU and axles for your swap. Call me after 6 and I'll tell you what you need. Or these guys on HondaSwap can sometimes be very helpfull. You gotta catch 'em on a good day though.... :p
[post=401272]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks shad...you know that ill holla

Originally posted by sia+Oct 11 2004, 09:38 PM-->
sohcslammer
@Oct 11 2004, 05:21 PM
You gotta catch 'em on a good day though.... :p

[post=401364]Quoted post[/post]​

today is not a good day :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

j/p

ls trannies suck for everything but trying to go 195 mph.

I prefer the gsr tranny for a street car. its a good middle-man of close gears and reduced revs for highway driving, thus better gas mileage.
the b16/itr tranny's are slightly tighter, and thus slightly faster, but your highway mileage will be effected (running 4-5k for 75-80 depending on tire size).
the jdm ITR has even stupider close gearing, and IMO, i would never want it for a street/daily drive vehicle- but it WOULD be on my track vehicle.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Oct 11 2004, 09:36 PM-->
Originally posted by sia@Oct 11 2004, 09:38 PM
sohcslammer
@Oct 11 2004, 05:21 PM
You gotta catch 'em on a good day though....  :p

j/p

I prefer the gsr tranny for a street car. its a good middle-man of close gears and reduced revs for highway driving, thus better gas mileage.
the b16/itr tranny's are slightly tighter, and thus slightly faster, but your highway mileage will be effected (running 4-5k for 75-80 depending on tire size).
the jdm ITR has even stupider close gearing, and IMO, i would never want it for a street/daily drive vehicle- but it WOULD be on my track vehicle.
[post=401394]Quoted post[/post]​

its never a good time to reach shad...but i really appreciate the help...im up in the air as to which engine...mileage really isnt a factor, but the info is great...it money or lack of that really dictates the final decision...anyone know of places for good prices on engines?

Greg - if money is a factor (and I know it is) you might be better off just putting in another ZC motor. Or the D16z6 which is the same thing as your motor. If you are looking for more power, you can go with the greddy turbo kit. The motor should cost you around $400 and the turbo kit should be around $1200. Plus you can use your same tranny, axles, ecu, etc...

Call me after work. I'll be taking lots of bongloads. :D

you suck...i have to call you know who after work...but ill holla at 9k...you know this...after all we were gonna look inot the zc anyhoo, but i think id be better off with the new motor, etc...and nice post on your thread...DAMN!!! you really have to lay into him like that...not that im hating...just killin me :p
Call me after work. I'll be taking lots of bongloads. :D
[post=401818]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

any ideas as far as cams, etc...a friend recommended the itr cams, and pistons, but i didnt knwo if i could get a lot more out of other manufacturers...and any input from anyone who has done this would be well accepted
You gotta catch 'em on a good day though....  :p

j/p

[post=401394]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 15 2004, 12:14 PM
if you're broke- throw in an ls.

later down the road, you can vtec it up for cheap.
[post=403005]Quoted post[/post]​

How much do you think that will run?

LS SWAP - 140hp
LS motor - $750
LS tranny - $250
Axles - $200
ECU - $100
Labor - (I know Gregg and he AINT doing the swap himself) $1000 at least
Various other crap - ?????????

VS

TURBO ZC - @170 hp
ZC motor - $300