Tranny question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 15 2004, 01:03 PM
short term, the zc is a better bargain.
long term, its a d-series.
[post=403030]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol: Ya got me there...

shad knows "gregg" but im greg. and i am going to be doing the swap myself, with the assistance fo friends, so labor wont be too much of a factor...shad is right though if i didnt know a garage i can use...i think imma go with a gsr...and also HOLLA at 9K for the b20,a nd perhaps the pistons, etc that i need...cuz i know 9K and they are fun to work with...plus the b-loads :p come with the package....

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Oct 15 2004, 12:34 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Oct 15 2004, 12:14 PM
if you're broke- throw in an ls.

later down the road, you can vtec it up for cheap.
[post=403005]Quoted post[/post]​

How much do you think that will run?

LS SWAP - 140hp
LS motor - $750
LS tranny - $250
Axles - $200
ECU - $100
Labor - (I know Gregg and he AINT doing the swap himself) $1000 at least
Various other crap - ?????????

VS

TURBO ZC - @170 hp
ZC motor - $300
Greddy turbo kit $1100
Labor - @$500

Just my .02 cents...
[post=403020]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorry Greg (not gregg <_< ) I'm at work and I gotta type fast.

So you are going to attempt the swap yourself???? I might have to come down for that and watch. :D Yes there will be bongloads.... :p

shad you ass...i think with the b-loads that ill fucc up my car, but well see...i will have assistance in the process, but im sure with 9K help :worthy: all will be well :unsure:

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Oct 15 2004, 03:13 PM
Sorry Greg (not gregg <_< ) I'm at work and I gotta type fast.

So you are going to attempt the swap yourself???? I might have to come down for that and watch. :D Yes there will be bongloads.... :p
[post=403084]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by sia+Oct 15 2004, 04:01 PM-->
shad you ass...i think with the b-loads that ill fucc up my car, but well see...i will have assistance in the process, but im sure with 9K help :worthy: all will be well :unsure:

sohcslammer
@Oct 15 2004, 03:13 PM
Sorry Greg (not gregg  <_< ) I'm at work and I gotta type fast.

So you are going to attempt the swap yourself???? I might have to come down for that and watch.  :D  Yes there will be bongloads....  :p

[post=403110]Quoted post[/post]​

:unsure: Uhh... yeah. I know all about swapping engines.... :no_1:

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Oct 15 2004, 04:10 PM-->
Originally posted by sia@Oct 15 2004, 04:01 PM
shad you ass...i think with the b-loads that ill fucc up my car, but well see...i will have assistance in the process, but im sure with 9K help  :worthy:  all will be well  :unsure:

sohcslammer
@Oct 15 2004, 03:13 PM
Sorry Greg (not gregg  <_< ) I'm at work and I gotta type fast.

So you are going to attempt the swap yourself???? I might have to come down for that and watch.  :D   Yes there will be bongloads....  :p

[post=403110]Quoted post[/post]​

:unsure: Uhh... yeah. I know all about swapping engines.... :no_1:
[post=403117]Quoted post[/post]​

youre killin me :p and im sure you know more than i...but if you have any ideas as far as pistons, etc, lemme know wht you can do for my soon to be a :ph34r: 9K Honda

Greg, I think you are so deep you are going to need a shovel... :lol:

You have no idea how hard swapping your motor is going to be, let alone changing out the pistons and cams and such... :thumbsup:

I am more than willing to help, just let me know when. And as for pistons, I would go with some Integra type Rs and some Civic type R cams. Mild build. Same build I went 13.7 @ 103 mph with.... :D

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Oct 15 2004, 05:26 PM
Greg, I think you are so deep you are going to need a shovel... :lol:

You have no idea how hard swapping your motor is going to be, let alone changing out the pistons and cams and such... :thumbsup:

I am more than willing to help, just let me know when. And as for pistons, I would go with some Integra type Rs and some Civic type R cams. Mild build. Same build I went 13.7 @ 103 mph with.... :D
[post=403162]Quoted post[/post]​

i know that it is gonna be hard as hell :huh: ...but as mentioned before i am not doing it alone...that would be crazy...im gonna be in my buddies garage with kids that have done this hella times...i figure that its about time i learn...thanks for the ideas...ill holla so we can talk abotu parts and the whole 9... :D

Back