Tranny Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok i have a tranny from my 90 civic dx hatch and a d16a1 together. It was a bitch to make the starter work. I was wondering what trannys will fit this engineand still bolt into my 90 civic. also what is a good gearing rundown.mine is like this
1st: 2.25
2nd: 1.889
3rd: 1.259
4th: .937
5th: .771
final:3.888

i was looking and saw what seems to be better gearing in a 96 ex coupe but i don't believe that the tranny will marry with that engine properly. can ya'll help?

well, you cant use the 96 cars tranny, its hydro u have cable, so your choices are limited to the Si tranny, to get a ZC tranny. easiest and cheapest will be the Si tranny.

would the starter bolt up and work properly??? All the other bolt holes lined up really nice for me except the lower starter bolt hole. this screwed up where the bendix in the starter tried engaging, making the bendix hit the waterpump housing and grinding funny.

actually after further inspection i have an l3 trannythe gearing is really close to the 96 ex coupe but the final drive is 3.888 not 4.25 like the 96 tranny. How hard is it to change that, what's involved and is that difference beneficial to me or hurting me as it sits.

Back