Tranny Swap ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delsolcharlie

i just got my new 5 speed today ..all it is is the tranny, no clutch no flywheel...inside the casing there is a arm that floats on a little ball and and the ball on the slave clyinder and meets in the middle on a piece that goes over the shaft.how does the clutch and flywheel fit on??
i know i need all the linkage, clutch, flywheel, clutch master clyinder, pedals...and i have a question about the ECU..the auto ECU...do i have to get a manual ECU or can i use this??
eBay Motors: Racing Spec ECU Chip 92-95 Honda Civic EX/SI P28 New (item 290102994470 end time Apr-11-07 00:04:36 PDT)
it says "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Also converts automatic ecu's to manual transmission" is this true???
[/FONT]

The flywheel bolts onto the crankshaft. You have to remove the flex plate and torque converter off of it first though, they are for the automatic trans. Then the clutch bolts up to the flywheel. Then the trans gos in dont forget to install the release bearing on the trans and the pilot bearing into the flywheel before you put it together. You should invest in a repair manual if you are asking this kind of question!

Back