tranny swap questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Project Si

I own a 2004 Civic Ex (7th gen I believe) anyways I currently have an automatic since I had no intention on racing, but recently I changed my mind and I'm kicking myself in the ass right now.

So first I need to do a tranny swap, since I dont have the money for a k20A swap.

Is a tranny swap even possible on an 04 civic and would a 2001-2002 Civic tranny fit into an 04 Civic??

How much would the project take??

I live in So Cal and if anyone is a mechanic plz tell me :p

alot of $$$ but maybe you can find someone who swapped engines for a k series and may have a spare tranny around 7thgencivic.com is a good place to go for that. I have a 2001 myself

yes the 04 civic is a 7th gen civic, and yea ryangt 7thgencivic.com is a great site.. Finished my tranny swap - Page 6 - 7th Gen Honda Civic Forum thats the parts needed to swap from auto to manual.. and then there is the engine swap.. you many not be able to buy the k20a.. but i would look around.. there is many different k series motors.. k20a type r (jdm), k20a2 rsx type s (usdm), k20a3 base rsx and civic si (USDM) and you also have a k24a3 from either a element a cr-v or an accord (USDM) and all can be swaped into your 7th gen with some modifications.. k24 being the cheapest motor and the k20a type r being the most expensive... http://www.xproductionz.com/k20swap/k20swap.html thats what you need to know and what parts are needed for the swap. hope i helped you out

Back