Tranny Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

THEUSED

Lets say I have a CRX with a SiR B16 cable pull what would I have to change to bolt on a SiR II b16 hydro tranny, Im assuming these bolt right up to one another.

hasport sells a left side trans hydro convert which uses your stock clutch cable and removes the hydro pieces, effectively letting you use hydro trans on your little rex. i haven't bought yet but i know hasport has em...i'll need em soon. check ebay or hasport's site for more information.

Else you can get all the hydro parts from junk yard instead of the hasport kit.

Need:
Hydro pedel
Clutch master
Clutch slave
Hard lines

oh and a drill to make hole in firewall for clutch master.

Yes, the trannys bolt up, as long as its from a b series engine.

i've found pretty much any b tranny will bolt up. i guess the vss electronic speed sensor is run by a gear in your trans so you can just switch your cable speedo over and then use that hydro convert kit for like 100 bux you are set.

for instance: i would never change my crx to hydro clutch because right now it has the clutch adjustment i would have bought any car with if it was possible....about a half inch on a cable......i can keep that feel with the hydro connect mount, but with hydro assembly i'm sure i'd feel that farther travel and it would bother me. go figure i learned stick on a 1989 geo metro........fallen in love with manual driving since. any questions about motor history contact me....i WILL BE SELLING THIS ENGINE, regardless of price but i'm shooting for around 4 hundo for the engine, manifolds, sensors, and tranny. i can include injectors (set of 4).

Back