Tranny Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Broke_Tuner

Prelude Lover
Hi All!

Just wanted to get some expert advice on a tranny swap for my 2000 Prelude. Yep, I've got the auto w/Honda's gay tip-poopoo shifter. It pains me so much to see that beautiful H22 go to waste just because of the transmission, so I've decided to fork over the cash and swap a manual in. I've got a great shop over here that has quoted me $2000 for the complete swap; just wanted to get some opinions from you guys. I was hoping that I could part it together myself and install it with a buddy of mine, but the parts list of what I need is still a little hazy. Suggestions?? Thanks a million; can't wait for that 5th gear!!!

clutch pedal assembly, master and slave cylinder, hard lines, manual ecu those are the basics....oh ya you will need a manual tranny;)

Thanks man. I appreciate the help. So far not much luck with finding the parts except for the tranny! I am damn determined though. I just can't take this whole automatic thing anymore.:)

I also wanna swap my tiptronic for a 5spd.
I thought I'd try it as an auto and I got a reallllly
good deal on it. If Honda had put another
gear in there it'd be so sweet. You're right though.
It sucks as a 3spd +overdrive. Every vid I watch of a
5th gen lude the 5spd shifts outta 4th around 120mph.
My auto shifts outta 3rd @ 95mph. How bout yours?
If I find the link I will post it in this link. The link is how to
convert your auto ECU into a 5spd ECU. Supposedly it takes
soldering one capacitor on the back of the ECU board and
breaking another. Please post a summary once your swap is done.
Good luck!

Once again, don't bring back old threads. This stuff is a year old, I don't think the original poster cares anymore. Look at the dates on stuff before you post from now on please.

Back