Tranny swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Alright I need soe advice, I have a accord f22 with a 5spd, I want to throw the h-series transmission on there, To get the closer gear ratio. I was looking for a jdm lsd transmission, cant find any. I was wondering if it was worth , swapping transmission , or getting the quaife lsd for the accord. Whats the opinion on getting a closer gear ratio with lsd .

I was thinking of swapping a gsr tranny on there, But I have no idea on what needs to be done or what mods it would intell.

Nor the cost of it ??

whats your thoughts ?

GSR tranny is going to be tough. It could probably be done with one of those adaptor plate kits, but on the other hand those are usually used when you're putting a H22 into a Civic, so I don't know if anybody makes anything for putting a B-series transmission into an Accord. Probably just best to go with the H22 tranny.

Oh, and adding an LSD to your F22 tranny will help with traction, but it won't do anything as far as shortening the gear ratios. Only a transmission swap or a rebuild of the tranny will accomplish that.

Yeah i think I am going with the h22 trans, Someone told me that the b series will go in the accord, I personally dont know if it would get in there or not. But I want a trans with Lsd , I really dont want to spend a grand on a quaife. Even though there well worth the money spent. I pretty sure that I'm going JDM H22 5-Spd.

Yeah a set of custom gears run about 4k for my transmission. Not in the budget.

anyone know whats the top speed rated at on he H22 transmission.

Back