Tranny syncros

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DravenVX

Are tranny syncros expensive to replace? My tranny has a very hard time shifting gears when my rpm's are high, when they are low it shifts fine. It's weird cuz my 1st to 2nd shift is silky smooth but ever gear after that shifts like complete crap. I have a 92 hb with a B16A engine and a B16A tranny. How much should something like this cost at a shop? On another note what are some really good brake pads and rotors to get for a decent price. What companies make good pads and rotors? Would it be cheaper just to get some oem rotors from say a grs or any integra for my car? Any input would be appreciated. thanks

About $160 a set from the dealer if you know someone who works there- definitely worth it to me to fix my 3rd gear. I don't know about replacing ALL the synchros though- that gets expensive.

Pads- Hawk HPS and HP+ are pretty universally liked, although there are TONS of other good brands out there.

Rotors- Brembo blanks.

I'm not real sure but i think it costs around $1000 or more to have a shop do it. If you DIY you can save tons as the parts are fairly cheap.

Does anyone know any good links for info on how to replace synchros yourself? I kinda would like to know this too ... i have an h23 tranny with 2 bad synchros thats begging to be worked on.

Has anyone done this thru a shop and knows how much it costs? Anyone done this at home? Is it pretty easy to do? thanks for the replies guys!

:shrug2:

I gave you the cost already... and labor will vary from shop to shop.

If you're good at keeping all the parts marked, you can do it at home. It takes a LOT of time though, and there are a LOT of parts.

Quoted post[/post]]
:shrug2:

I gave you the cost already... and labor will vary from shop to shop.

If you're good at keeping all the parts marked, you can do it at home. It takes a LOT of time though, and there are a LOT of parts.

Thanks Calesta! I might have to attempt it myself cuz i am not prepared to pay out off my ass for labour!

Back