Tranny troubles.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Okay, I can try and do it myself. I'll just need all the parts and shit first. Okay, say I wanted replace everything listed in my first post. Do I need any other parts besides the above???

you will need tranny,tranny fluid,clutch kit..and the alignment tool(which should come in the kit)

and then time,patience,and internet access for when you mess up and come ask us what to do:p

Lol, yeah. Well, I dunno. The first time I do car things, I like to watch an experienced person handle it and I'll help. That's how I learn. I don't do too good if you just throw me elbow deep in car parts and tell me t fix them lol. But, I'll probably end up doing myself. Not for a while though....

yea, it's really not too difficult, just a little time consuming. Took me probably 7 hours the first time I did a clutch job, but that's cause I would pull the motor out each time. I can pull the motor out and do a clutch job, put it back in, in a few hours now.

and dont forget to post pix,,,of you turning wrenches,bending over........the car,and so on ya know

I know the feeling, but sometimes you do just have to jump in and do it. You seem to have a pretty good grasp on what you're doing under the hood.

You won't need clutch fluid since you have a cable clutch, but you'll want an extra set of hands if at all possible.

Got it. Lol, you make me feel smarter. I really don't know all that much though, that's why I'm a little leery of doing it myself. But, I'll read up on it and do some research. If I get a step-by-step down, I'll feel better.

my best bet to say go with a Si tranny Longer gears ) then get a stage 2 clutch off ebay..

Si is shorter gears. And an Autozone clutch will do just fine as long as you dont beat the shit out of it.

yea like i said OEM EXCEDY clutch is very cheap consider discount is asking $214.75 for my b18a1 tranny for the clutch.i found the same clutch kit includining throwout bearing and all hardware for it for $144 shipped

Back