1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tranny ????

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by REDMAC, Dec 12, 2006.

1. REDMAC

REDMAC Trick or treat

I drive a 94 Del Sol Si and need to replace my tranny.

1st question - Will any D series tranny bolt directly in?

2nd question - The Tranny reference section shows that a Civic Ex has the same tranny. I find people selling S20 tranny for both the Ex, Cx and Dx Civics. Before I buy how can I tell differnce from EX, CX, and the DX?

I don't what the longer tranny gears and would prefer to stay with the gears currently in the Del Sol. Problem is I don't know how to tell difference in the tranny if they are all an S20. And some people are less than honest about such things.

2. joecivic

joecivic save the single cams

Im pretty sure any d series trans will bolt on to the block Im not sure on how to tell them apart though If you buy from a resectible place though they should shoot u stright

3. joecivic

joecivic save the single cams

is that what was wrong with ur car from that last post when i did my trans I repalced my flywheel and my clutch just to make sure everything was fresh.you could also go with some upgrades if u want

4. REDMAC

REDMAC Trick or treat

The only thing I did the other day was replace the motor mount. That showed me no love. I talked to a trans guy he said without looking at it sounds like forts are bent or syncroes are needing replaced.

So I gave up and started searching for another trans(cheapest route). I think I've found one for around $100 and still need to replace the clutch(no sense in putting used one back in).

Not sure about doing upgrades right now as I was hoping to get swap done this summer and money tight with X-mas.

Since I am having to spend money on this concidering jut going with stage 2 or 3 clutch. Then find SOHC block and build a boost beast.
    1st I'll need to research build cost. If fits current budget will probably just go that route for now. Then sell car and start over. If I do this its going ot be a K24/K20 built for boost.
    I CANT GET THE K OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!:rolleyes:

5. REDMAC

REDMAC Trick or treat

Oh ya I forgot....

I found a way to tell difference in different S20 trannys..(ILOVETODRIVE on another forum helped me out) Thanks BRO.....

Next to were passenger axle connects to trans. There's a stamp P20/A0000 for smaller trans found in Cx, dx etc and P20/B000 for the Civic EX and SOL's SI trans..

I try not to trust anybody when buying used item and sometimes new. People make mistakes and some are just dishonest. I can't and don't want to afford these mistakes.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted