Trans Disassembly

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok i have a 1.6l s20 trans it needs a new input berring and seal. i was wondering if any one has ever taken apart a honda manual trans and got it together succesfully im going to try to tackle this my self and hope all goes well i have the trans out all ready and the shops around town are quoting me 200 to fix it and i all ready have the trans out is it really that hard

cool i was just wondering if any one has done a trany on there own and had it go smoothly i have allways been scared of the all so mighty transmision i will attempt to crack it open tonight and se what kind of mess i get in to also what do you recomend that i seal it back together with jut plain old rtv or is there a gasket

no gasket.. i used black toyota silicone :)

make sure you get the snap ring that's inside the big hold on the end of the trans or you wont be able to get the casing off...

snap.JPG

its in that hole

um i got it apart but didnt take that ring out that ring holds the gear assemble together i took it apart no prob i had to take the bolts out of the reverse fork other than that you dont have to mess with any of the access hole on the gear side of the trany

Back