Trans mount bolt question.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92stoccord

Big Member
Hey guys, doing the clutch in my 97 HX. The front passenger side trans mount as well as the rear mount are bad. I got on replacing them today. To clarify, I'm referring to the trans mount that is accessible from the bottom, not the top.

This one:

1322351070-92-95-civic-purge-tank-014.JPG

Anyway, I stuck the impact on the rear bolt and it seemed like it started to move. Then it just kept spinning. It feels like it has a nut on the back of it, but it looks like a fully boxed rail... am I screwed?

Yea... Those suck when they do that man. I personally have had to cut a section out of the rail and weld it shut when done... But before welding it shut, remember to weld a bead on the bolt head so its held in place next time you need to remove the mount.

Yea, i learned the hard way. If one of those starts to turn then stops... DO NOT impact it!!! Id much rather cut off the offending bolt, drill it thru and tap in new threads than have to cut a "window" into the frame rail any day...

Back