1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trans question

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by vjace, Sep 5, 2006.

1. vjace

vjace Junior Member

ok im working on a swap right now as i was puting in the axels i notices that the wheel spins very easly and then i realized that its in gear and it has no effect on the motor. im really worried i put a new clutch in exedy stage one. i have no trans fluid in it yet could that be the problem, i really hope so but i really dont think fluid has any effect to as engagment. i really dont wanna pull the tranny out as i just put it in along with the motor. my secound questoin that my car will not trun over i dont have power going to the starter? what could that be? i was thinking maybe a relay? and if so how can i check it? any input will help me greatly. ill throw out another question when i try starting the car i get alot of clicking noises in back of the glove box and after i stop cranking the motor it still would keep clicking till i turn the key of and on repeatedly? any ideas? well thanx again.
    i lil more info on the swap its a 96 ex coupe i droped in a b16 engine and trans running a p 30 ecu i got the conversion harness to the ecu cuz im going obd 1.

2. DwnShftPrincess

DwnShftPrincess Senior Member

are you saying that when the car is engaged in gear the wheels stop moving?

3. VTECin5th

VTECin5th Administrator

noheissayingsomethinghiddeninbetweenbadgrammarandsentencestructureimnotsurewhatandimtoolazytotrythathardtoreaditall

4. joecivic

joecivic save the single cams

as far as starting check your gounds or your battery when I swaped my motor I didnt hook a gound up when you turned the key the fan would come on

5. vjace

vjace Junior Member

never mind i fixed everything but thanx anyways.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted