trans swap manual to hydro clutch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88rex

hi i have an 88 crx hf i want to swap in a better trans si trans are hard to find now but i have a 93 del sol scoupe trans. i no i have to change the hubs to dx or si for the axles to fit but where can i get a manual clutch to hydro conversion .this is also a d series trans to.

nobody makes the hydro conversion for d series trannys. your best bet is a 89-91 si tranny. 88 will work, but the splines are different and the clutches made for them are a little smaller because they came with a smaller flywheel, but since your car is an 88, it will be best for you so you dont have to change your flywheel to adapt to a bigger clutch that work in the 89 and 90-91 trannys

You can convert to hydro, not worth it if its a d series though, use all the stock lines and everything from a 92-95 civic. The mounts should work, if the tranny mount doesn't you can probably use the hf mount for it.

I would also reccomend the 88-91 si trans though.

if your looking for a si d series tranny I have one on my 90 crx si I going to get rid off, let me know if your interested

Originally posted by ripperbone@Jan 24 2005, 09:01 PM
if your looking for a si d series tranny I have one on my 90 crx si I going to get rid off, let me know if your interested
[post=450796]Quoted post[/post]​

price on the tranny shipped to pleasant gap pa 16823 thanks looking to buy asap

Originally posted by 88rex+Jan 25 2005, 08:54 AM-->
ripperbone
@Jan 24 2005, 09:01 PM
[post=450796]Quoted post[/post]​

price on the tranny shipped to pleasant gap pa 16823 thanks looking to buy asap
[post=451061]Quoted post[/post]​

I find out this week have to make some calls to different freight companys.

Back