1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trans swap manual to hydro clutch?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by 88rex, Jan 23, 2005.

1. 88rex

88rex Member

hi i have an 88 crx hf i want to swap in a better trans si trans are hard to find now but i have a 93 del sol scoupe trans. i no i have to change the hubs to dx or si for the axles to fit but where can i get a manual clutch to hydro conversion .this is also a d series trans to.

2. ryan89crx

ryan89crx Senior Member

nobody makes the hydro conversion for d series trannys. your best bet is a 89-91 si tranny. 88 will work, but the splines are different and the clutches made for them are a little smaller because they came with a smaller flywheel, but since your car is an 88, it will be best for you so you dont have to change your flywheel to adapt to a bigger clutch that work in the 89 and 90-91 trannys

3. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

You can convert to hydro, not worth it if its a d series though, use all the stock lines and everything from a 92-95 civic. The mounts should work, if the tranny mount doesn't you can probably use the hf mount for it.

I would also reccomend the 88-91 si trans though.

4. ripperbone

ripperbone angry bear

if your looking for a si d series tranny I have one on my 90 crx si I going to get rid off, let me know if your interested

5. 88rex

88rex Member

price on the tranny shipped to pleasant gap pa 16823 thanks looking to buy asap

6. ripperbone

ripperbone angry bear

I find out this week have to make some calls to different freight companys.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted