Trans

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

98HB

I have a 98 h22 and I orderd the motor without the LSD option, What I would like to know what could I do to convert it to LSD. Will it be a waste of time and money or should I sell my tranny and buy an LSD. Also I saw this conversion for trannys without LSD. Let me know what you think.
98HB

CUSTOM-FIT LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
The ultimate performance on the street or track…even under full boost!
Smooth power! Maximum traction! Feel the Phantom Grip difference!
Strong, durable and easy to install!
It acts as a disc-type limited slip during corning and braking. Disc plates exert pressure against spider gears using spring pressure to regulate slippage at the wheels. You'll accelerate faster and exit corners at higher speeds. It works as a locker during hard acceleration. Disc plates pivot, locking spiders and causing both wheels to exert equal pressure to the road. Less torque steer than an ordinary differential. Manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty.

JC Whitney

That "LSD" is really just a locking unit that uses (abuses) your stock diff to lock the wheels while going straight. It's not a true LSD, and has been known to grenade transmissions. If you only want to spend $300 ish on an LSD, go find yourself a stock Honda LSD. If not, go buy a Quaife, Kaaz, or something else that's a REAL LSD. The stock Honda LSD is a nice setup if you're not going to launch like an idiot, and if you're not pushing for 300+ whp under boost.

Back