Transmisions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Frank_Li

Is a hydro transmission better then a cable transmission or the other way around? I've been doing a ton of research on this site. I have to be very thankfull to the people who run this site. It's awsome information and articles, like the ones on this site, that really help out your guys scene. I'm new to Hondas, I drive a 1995 V6 Mustang but I really do alot of research on Hondas and I just found a 4th gen civic for 500 dollars off of one of my teachers. He plans to sell it to me in June. Thats okay cuz I only make 90 a week. I graduate from high school this May, the plan is to have the car ready in about a year so I can drive it and take it to UT Austin for college.( I live in El Paso) Any way, I've even memorized the cam specs for the VTEC lobes. :rolleyes: Really this comunity is a great one. I asked about the transaxle because I want to know if it's worth doing a conversion to a hydro on a 4th gen. I'm planning on buying the first gen B16.

So there is no difrence in things such as; how much power they can support or reliability or which is faster?
And why would some one prefer a cable to a hydro tansaxle?

i "prefer" cable over hydro and my reason is extremely logical.

1. It's just one less thing to go bad (slave cylinder and fluid lines)
2. It's just one less fluid to keep topped off and keep track of.

i like things simple...
a pedal pulls a cable which pulls a pressure plate

instead...
a pedal pulls a piston which draws fluid from the slave cylinder that converts a piston pull into a pressure plate pusher (all of which may leak and fail under high pressures)

there is no "better tranny" as far as cable or hydro..

Back