Transmission Choice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cashen

So I'm working on a all motor B16 block / B18 head CRX. My transmission grinds and I hate the gearing in it You can do 105 in 3rd, that's just dumb. The stamp on it says YS1 which from the reference section has shitty gearing for all motor and pretty much any motor that doesn't make crazy amounts of power. Anyway, I have a choice between a SiR I tranny and a '94-95 GSR tranny. Which one is better for my application? Thanks in advance.

b18 head as in LS head? or gsr head? Because if you are running an ls head on a b16 block that could be part of your displeasure with your trans. What year SIR trans also?

yeah, i think your first concern should be the matching of a b18 head and a b16 block? at least get an ls or something. but i would take the gsr if i had to choose.

It's a gsr head on b16 bottom. And didn't they stop making the SiR in '91? I might be mistaken but if this is true then I was looking into a '90-'91 SiR tranny.

Spoon07 said:
Gsr transmission is better for all motor.

-Corey
well its good all around. for a daily drive its good. especially on gas. I have the b16 SIR tranny. VERY SHORT GEARS. its fun a hell but i cruise at 3k rpm doing 50mph. not very comfortable coming from a loud exhaust. O ther than that i love it:lol:

hers a clip from a dig
1rst gear-8k
2nd-8,200
3rd-8,500 and still pulling ;)

Video - this was after the motor was tuned.

Last edited:
Back