Transmission Control Unit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kevs02Accord

Hey guys. Looking for some info. I am planning a build for my 02 auto accord. I am thinking about converting to obd1. I know someone who did an f22 conversion, so I need to find out how different my pins are from that setup. I know I don't have a separate TCU so I would need an auto ECU and TCU, probably p72/75. What I need to know is can my f23 tranny be controlled by the obd1 ecu? Will an f22 tranny bolt to my f23a1? What if I get aem ems, what kind of piggy back would I need to control the tranny?

No one around here is going to know much about automatic transmissions. Honda's automatics are horrible. We can; however, tell you how to swap it to a 5 speed.

Yeah a tranny rebuild would def be in order. What do you think the price of a 5 spd swap would be? For right now I am still trying to see if its feasible to keep the auto, even with a rebuild.

That F23 tranny will not be able to be controlled by the Tcu from and OBDI motor because the f23 was only an obdII motor, you could however, get an h22 tranny and run it that way, plus the h22 tranny's have short gears so it might feel a little "peppier" while driving

I know someone who did the obd2 to 1 conversion who had their tranny controlled by the ecu, he had an obd2a and we believe mine is 2b so there might be some wiring differences.

Back