Transmission Internals

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
Is this possible? I decided I don't want to do the hydro conversion, I like the feel of the cable too mucb. Has anyone here placed the gear packages from the YS1 (or any cable tranny) with the internals from a hydro tranny? If so did you have to modify the cable tranny housing? What parts from the hydro tranny did you use?

i recently took mine apart to replace the silicone seal around the housing because it was leaking. i didnt even remove anything and it took me 4 hours just to line everything up right and bolt it back together. its such a pain in the ass to get the shift fork rods and the bearing around the differential to seat right. i cant even imagine how hard it would be to replace everything. i wouldnt attempt it unless you have ALOT of prior experience.

Thanks, but I have rebuilt a cable tranny before. It's not hard if you are meticulous (sp?) about following the manual. Helms owns me. Anyone have any exprience with this?

I was told that the only cable tranny that has interchangeable parts with the Hydro ones is the 92-93 GSR tranny. Like I say this is what I was told when I asked somewhere else. I haven't tried it, so I can't confirm it.

I have heard both ways. I don't know what to believe. It would be cool if it worked so I could run the stronger synchros from the 94+ Integra trannys. Not to mentin the better gear ratios.

If the 92-93 GSR tranny can take the internals from a 94+ tranny then the 92-93 LS should be able to as well. It is the exact same housing, just different gears and a different diff.

Hmm now that's a thought. I haven't played with B series cable trannies yet, but definately let me know what you find out. I have an extra B20 that may find it's way into my 89 hatch, if I can make a custom tranny for it using my spare hydro stuff that would rock.

Back