transmission leak

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cornfed85

i have a 91 civic hatch..did an auto to manual swap on it...theres a black deal that stucks out of the tranny by the starter and lower radiator hose.my tranny oil is coming out of that and i dont know what it is or how to stop it...i was told it may be my reverse sensor thing.its not the speedo sensor because i have my speedo hooked up...can someone please tell me how to fix it..adding oil to my trans is a bitch.

find a cap or something that will fit snug and seal it in there. or clamp it.

its a round black deal looks like a sensor or something goes in it...right in the top of the trans near the starter and my lower radiator hose runs right over the top of it

its a round black deal looks like a sensor or something goes in it...right in the top of the trans near the starter and my lower radiator hose runs right over the top of it
it is the back-up light switch

looking at the tranny from the front of the car, are you talking about directly in front of the starter? if so, then yeah theres a sensor that goes there. its a 2 wire sensor that bolts into it. im pretty sure that would be the back up light switch. your missing yours. get one.

ive had someone tell me thats what it may be..but ill just see if i can get one and stick it in there so it wont leak anymore thanks for the info

so can i just go to a salvage yard and get a back up switch out of any manual trans and place it in my trans to make it stop spittin my trans oil out? i dont need or want reverse lights i just want to keep my oil in my trans

yeah. if you cant find one then let me know. i got one i'll ship to you for $10. but check the junkyards first that way you can have it then.

ok man i appreciate the info and help from everyone..honda swap is great and all the people ive talked to on here are great people...it has helped me alot on getting my car put together

Back