Transmission Mounts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jackdaniels

I just bought a JDM B16a w/ y21 LSD Tranny. I have 96 civic DX w/ AT. I need to know what mounts I need to mount the transmission in. I also need to know what else I need to get... PLEASE HELP!!! :unsure:

you're gonna need the back mount from a 99-00 Si( thats both parts of the back mount, the part that bolts to the transmission and the urethane mount that bolts to the crosstie), you can use the passenger side mount from your d-series, you'll need the passenger side mount that mounts to the front of the transmission from an si(i didnt even use this), and you'll need the a/c mount that Hasport sells(i didnt use this either). my back mount didn't line up right, for some reason it was about 1/2 inch to the left, so i just flipped the urethane around and only bolted 2 bolts down, and then welded the mount down. ghetto, yes, but it works.

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 2 2003, 12:19 AM
why do you need to replace the driver's side mount though...mine worked jus fine

The reason being is that some generations have an offset bolt pattern on the drivers side mount, and others have a straight bolt pattern. So you have to have the correct mount for the bracket on you motor.

Back