Transmission Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
When i rev my car up (near redline) and shift from 1st to 2nd, i am able to shift into gear fine, but when i shift from 2nd to 3rd, its as if the shifter needs to be forced into 3rd gear and i get a slight grinding sound (and yes, i do have the clutch fulley depressed). This does not happen when shifting from 2nd to 3rd during normal driving conditions, its only during high rpm conditions when it happends.

Sounds like tranny rebuild time. You could probably find a used trans for less than it would cost to rebuild yours, though.
The choice is yours. One things for sure, something in your trans has gone away and its gotta come out of the car to fix it.

Checked out yer pics....nice ride! One question, though, why don't you yank out that funky power steering reservoir and associated pump, hoses, belt, etc., and leave 'em on the garage floor? Took mine out of my '92 Civic. Shaved off a little weight, freed up some hp(or fractions thereof) and the steering never felt better. Much better road feel. More feedback to your hands. It feels like you have better control over the car. Parallel parking isn't really that hard without p/s. Unless, of coarse, you're built like Marilyn Manson.....hehe. But, naturally, thats only my opinion. I would never insult Mr. Manson or anyone else who thinks he's cool. Gotta be politically correct here, can't we all just get along?, its all good, etc, etc, etc.........lol
Oh, BTW, do you still have the D16Z6 and tranny for sale? What part of the country are you located?
Thanks

Back