transmission problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EvilCloneVlad

i posted a thread earlier about having problems with my clutch, and i wasnt sure that it was my clutch, it seemed like the pedal was just getting either really stiff or loose and then sticking when being let out and now it seems to have gotten to the point that when i let off the pedal it doesnt engage the clutch right away it seems to take a second or two for the clutch to engage even after the pedal has been completely released.

Someone had suggested checking the resevoir and it seemed to have enough fluid in it, im not to big of a mechanic so im not sure exactly what is normal but it did have fluid in it. Im not sure exactly what is wrong with the car, and I was wondering if someone knows what could be the problem with the symptoms i am having, I would like to be able to fix this without having to bring it to a mechanic since it is extremely spendy and I would also like to start getting into working on cars...

Anywho like i said, it doesnt seem to me that it is the actually clutch being worn or anything because it doesnt have any problems with going into the gears and it doesnt grind, it just takes a second or two to fully engage after i let out the pedal.

Thanks for any input or comments.

ok so i guess ive kinda figured out my problem, seems i have been off, when i left my house after i posted this i noticed that it is starting to slip if i give it too much gas... now would should i be looking at getting, do i need the whole clutch kit, do i need just the disc or the PP or should i also look at getting a new flywheel?

im just curious if this is going bad do i need to replace everything or just a certain part.
also since this is still a stock car should i just put a stock clutch in or can i get something that has better performance for very little extra?

get the ACT performance clutch kit comes with new presure plate , clutch disk and through out barring. i got the stage two but the regular performance one is really good too

i was just wondering about how much an ACT performance clutch kit costs? and is it something better to get off of like ebay and find a new one there?

Back