Transmission Question????????????????????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

black97ex

I looked to buy this new car at a dealership today, and they said everything is alright on it exept that when you are in 5th gear on the highway it POPS? Then, they told me I might not want to full with that. What does that mean and how big of a problem is it? The car is a 1994 Eagle Talon non-turbo.

anything where you'd have to break into the case makes it not worth it unless it's super cheap.

if you're talking about the TOB release fork, then it may be worth it if it's cheap enough. But that would fuck it up in every gear, not just 5th.

I'm not sure, i'm just going by what my friend told me, he bought his car from a used car dealership, then soon after it would pop out of 5th gear going down the highway, he said it was the shift fork or something of that sort, he got it fixed and it doesn't pop out of gear anymore.

it is $1800, but how much would it cost to fix, the dealer didnt really give me a explanation of why it did that...

i dunno, check ebay for used tranmissions. Rebuilding will probably be more than 800 bucks, but then you know you're going to have a good trans for a while.

For 1800 I wouldn't buy it. Take the 1800 and spend it on a DP for a newer car. It's the new craze...lol

I personally am going to try to buy my Audi complete cash on Monday, but I may end up short. I do need the credit so I may finance it if the intrest is cheap.

are the 94 eclipse exactly like the 94 talon, cause there is more parts for the eclipse and wondered if i could just maybe by them for the elipse but put them in the talon...

Back