Transmission question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

98accord

I have a 1998 accord lx with an odd transmission problem. I think its more an electrical problem over a mechanical. But im not ruling mechanical 100% out yet

The trans would when it was really cold out would over rev between shift until it would get warm then it was gone. That went away but then a new problem came about the car wouldn't shift unless the gas pedal was released and pressed again. While that might give quick assumptions of mechanical damage heres why I believe it might be electrical. When shifting from park there is a delay before its with shift into any gear. The delay is from the time the shifter is move from park to the gear selected to the time the solenoid engages the gear. As soon as the solenoid clicks the gear is engages.

There is 180,000 miles on the car if its the trans I dont have a problem with ripping it out and throwing a new one in. I just dont want to throw a new one in and it still not working correctly. And yes I have checked the fluid its good and at the correct level.

Back