transmission questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arroshiz

yeah i just put a b17 into my 92 vx and i didnt really check it out too much before i put it in there....but the thing is the clutch is like really loose..i can lift the little arm up and down really easily and i thought it was supposed to be stiff..idk what this can mean..i havent finished the swap yet but i wanted to know before hand so i could hurry and get this fixed...anybody know what it could be?

What tranny did you use, the B17A comes with a cable tranny, so that might be part of you problem.

If you got a hydraulic tranny, did you bleed the lines before asking this question?

its a cable trasmission but the arm that the cable connects to on the outside of the transmission is really loose and i was told that it shouldnt be that loose, idk if the clutch is totally screwed or what

I want to say that the slack is taken up when it's connected. Are you using a conversion kit? If not the cable tranny won't connect to anything in a 92 Civic.

Back