Transmission

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thiebert

hey guys i am in need of a transmission and i am looking at the Y8. I was just wondering if you guys could give me any suggestions about what i should look for and what is a good price to pay? also how difficult to switch to hydraulic clutch? or do i have to?
thanx alot

Originally posted by thiebert@Feb 1 2005, 12:13 AM
hey guys i am in need of a transmission and i am looking at the Y8. I was just wondering if you guys could give me any suggestions about what i should look for and what is a good price to pay? also how difficult to switch to hydraulic clutch? or do i have to?
thanx alot
[post=454369]Quoted post[/post]​

yes, you would have to switch to hydraulic clutch and it is not an easy project - why not just get Si transmission (or a ZC)

well i was thinking about the y8 because of the steel shift forks. which is the problem with the tranny i havae now. does the ZC transmission bolt up to any d-series?

also if the final drive in my si tranny is alright how difficult is it to swap it for the final drive in a zc trany? i nottest that the final drive on the si is higher than the ZC
thankyou

not that hard to swap final drive gears - Si transmission final drive is lower gearing than the ZC - the ZC transmission will bolt into any 88-91 CRX/Civic - the ZC uses a ZC intermediate shaft and equal length 90-93 Integra axles - no other stock 88-91 axles will fit - to use the Si axles in the ZC transmission, you need to swap in the Si differential - we do these ZC/Si hybrid transmissions all the time, using ZC 1 thru 4 gears, Si 5th and Si final drive - have done both kinds, with ZC differential and with Si differential - the steel shifter forks in the later D-series transmissions are not much better than the aluminum ones in the L3s - the aluminum ones break occasionally, the steel ones bend a lot - we see more problems from grinding gears with the bent steel shifter forks than we see from broken aluminum ones

Back