transmission

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yesterday im driving on I-75 i switch to 5th gear and it keeps poppin back in neutral.then my dumb### hold it in 5th gear with my hand so im driving 20 minutes later 5th gear goes out completely its like neutral now wont work at all.all other gears work alright 5th is out completely.so i wanted to know what the problem was and how much it would cost.i have h22a motor and transmission

If I remember correctly its the sycro and or the sycro spring (not the correct name of the object) that holds the shifter in place. You didn't do any mods lately that would effect the shifting did you. If so check them over and make sure it's correctly installed. Otherwises it's time to take it to a trans shop. Take the car to the shop and have them look at it. If you want to save some cash remove the tranny and take it to the shop then reinstall it your self. On the bright side this is a great excuse to put in a Quaife.

Originally posted by n1mr0d@May 1 2005, 11:07 PM
If I remember correctly its the sycro and or the sycro spring (not the correct name of the object) that holds the shifter in place. You didn't do any mods lately that would effect the shifting did you. If so check them over and make sure it's correctly installed. Otherwises it's time to take it to a trans shop. Take the car to the shop and have them look at it. If you want to save some cash remove the tranny and take it to the shop then reinstall it your self. On the bright side this is a great excuse to put in a Quaife.
[post=493851]Quoted post[/post]​

naw i didnt do any mods i just got the swap in my accord the first time i got it 5th gear wasnt workin right.how much would it cost me to repair it

in a tanny shop, maybe in upwards of $500-$1000 or more, i had a locked up tranny before in my van(auto) and they had to rebuild it, cost me like $1400 to get it done, it frekin sucked.

Back