Transmissions LSD?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ignorant import guy

What's the difference between an LSD transmission and a regular hydraulic transmission? Is there a diffference? Is LSD needed in an engine swap?

Quoted post[/post]]
wow, wow, i can't beleive you would ask a question like that. I am shocked. Litteraly shocked. I think i am going to have to kill myself just for hearing this question. One thing you must learn about this group is that we don't aprove of people who ask questions that can be easyily answered by going to google and typing in such a simple fraze as lsd. Do that, then if you have another question come back and try again.

So basically, you just don't know the answer?

After your response to this question, why would he want to come back and ask another one if this is the shit for a response you're going to give him? Yes, please go off yourself.

An LSD is a limited slip differential, it's a differential that makes both wheels spin as swanny said. Most stock Honda transmissions are open differential, meaning one tire will spin, one won't. Click on the reference section to find out which Honda transmissions have a stock LSD and which ones don't.

Hydraulic and Cable are how the clutch is operated depending on the year and model of the car the transmission is in, they really have nothing to do with the LSD itself.

Quoted post[/post]]
wow, wow, i can't beleive you would ask a question like that. I am shocked. Litteraly shocked. I think i am going to have to kill myself just for hearing this question. One thing you must learn about this group is that we don't aprove of people who ask questions that can be easyily answered by going to google and typing in such a simple fraze as lsd. Do that, then if you have another question come back and try again.

The Wrong way to answer a post, and treat someone

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

So basically, you just don't know the answer?

After your response to this question, why would he want to come back and ask another one if this is the shit for a response you're going to give him? Yes, please go off yourself.

An LSD is a limited slip differential, it's a differential that makes both wheels spin as swanny said. Most stock Honda transmissions are open differential, meaning one tire will spin, one won't. Click on the reference section to find out which Honda transmissions have a stock LSD and which ones don't.

Hydraulic and Cable are how the clutch is operated depending on the year and model of the car the transmission is in, they really have nothing to do with the LSD itself.

The hondaswap way.

lsd is a drug that was widely used in the 60's. It is a hallucinogen (sp).

People put them in their cars nowadays because they think that their cars have a soul.

j/p listen to 2000si's answer and swanny. lsd is also good for teh handling. The limited slip part comes into play when one wheel starts to lose grip. As this happens the power going to the wheels is more focused on the tire that still has grip so you stay in better control. I highly recommend it.

Quoted post[/post]]
lsd is a drug that was widely used in the 60's. It is a hallucinogen (sp).

People put them in their cars nowadays because they think that their cars have a soul.

when my car got totalled i prayed for it to go to heaven! all cars go to heaven its the owners that go to hell...lol

LSD is a great thing to have it made such a difference in my gsr trans. i couldn't get a good grip on the drag strip, when i put the lsd installed it helped my time out a lot, but you don't NEED one if you get one your car will love you!

Hey, thanks everyone who answered politely...I'm only 16 and I'm trying to learn as much as I possibly can before I buy a swap for my civic. And for those who think I'm a complete idiot I apologize for being somewhat new to this subject.

Back