trany problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok heres the deal like a week ago my tranny started makin fucked up noises like grinding and it slips like a bitch and it kicks out of second when i decelerate... any ideas could it be the clutch or anything like that

Well, first off from what you said, it sounds like you probably have a clutch problem, and a few bad syncros. Is it just second gear which you pop out of, or is it all gears? Also, had it been grinding going into gears for a while?

it only pops out of second when i decelerate plus every gear slips like a bitch also i think that i might have a bad trany mont cuz when i push on the gas the whole thing moves im sure the clutch is fucked but i was just wonderin if the trany is gone to i mean it has like 175 thousand miles and i do drive it like its new so im sure i fucked some shit up

mounts last a long time. They might be worn, but probably not that bad. Sounds like you at least need a new clutch, and maybe check out your linkage. Might be simpler to just replace the tranny and the clutch at the same time. The difference in work wouldn't be that much, and it probably wouldn't cost much either.

Back