Travis Barker in plane crash in SC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Did everyone here about the plane crash in CT last night ? Or the boating accident here that lead to a death and 4 people in the hospital ?

Or how about my friend Chris Haus who died yesterday in a bike accident ?

No ? No, of course not. Because no celebrities were harmed in the making of it.

Sorry to hear about your friend, but you are absolutely right. Unless someone famous gets hurt no one ever hears about it. Its ridiculous how much special treatment they have

Wait wait, Chris Haus, dirt bike or street bike accident, I know a guy named Chris Haus, Ive rode with him a couple times, rides a Honda, #0, crazy kind of guy, dont know if its the same person or not.

What is pretty funny? The fact that 4 people died?

I find nothing funny about any of it. If you do find it funny that they were slapping each other trying to put the fire out, maybe someone should set you on fire and you see if its funny.

I've been on fire. It's not funny.

well, it was a little cause i didn't get hurt. but there's really nothing funny about this

Last edited:
Does anyone here really expect anything else from Americans? Americans love news stories, look at all the shit that litters the isle when you're waiting to pay for chit.

I know people who live to read about stars, day in and day out, that's all they care about, what is so and so doing this week!

I find it disgusting that people enjoy a sick pleasure in watching, stalking and exploiting celebrities. I could give two shits if any celebrity walked into my house asking to use the phone. They are a person, however sexy or interesting they may be, they are human beings like me, you, everyone. They should get no special treatment and should be left alone like us "regular" people.

Sorry for your friend, ive never had one die but the pain of one leaving is hard enough to bare. No one really clues in on how horrible it is to lose someone until it happens to them. Just last night some husband wont be coming home to his wife (and possibly kids) because of a speeding van and badly placed yield sign. He was on a motorcycle and got hit, no idea how i wasnt there at the time. Happened just up the hill from my apt. I felt bad cause i could imagine how his family would be feeling. Also i still had the annoying human trait of curiosity and wanted to see it and know what happened. Cops wouldnt let anyone go near it, blocked all four ways for hours. I caught a glimpse, van was badly damaged....... the bike in pieces and fluid everywhere. Guy probably had no chance. Death happens, will always happen and needs to happen. Ofcourse no one wants it to happen to them, your never ready for it. Life goes on... as much as you dont always want it to. Friends, family, cars and hondaswap, will keep a man sane.

That is really sad that no one hears about anything unless a celebrity is injured.

But nonetheless, I hope he has a speedy recovery. I'm a bit fan of the old Blink... Dude Ranch days.

DJ AM is actually a friend of mine I have been involved in many recording sessions with him and I worked for Crazytown many moons ago for many years and still talk to them to this day. I have been talking to them all weekend but I can't get ahold of Adam obviously they're expecting full recoveries from both of them and are at a burn center in Georgia.

I do have to say it's wierd they survived and everyone else did not, I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday and he asked me if I thought the paramedics saw 2 famous people and saved them first. I didn't know what to say.

I wish them both speedy recoveries.

I do have to say it's wierd they survived and everyone else did not, I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday and he asked me if I thought the paramedics saw 2 famous people and saved them first. I didn't know what to say.

Just goes to show that even God is into those stupid mags and E tv. Clearly he favors the stars.

I'm so glad you're willing to let it slide. :D

Best drummers:

Neil Pert
Lars Ulrich
Vinnie Paul
Alex Van Halen

It's a travesty this guy got hurt but I'd stop short at calling him one of the best ever. He's a poor man's Tre Cool

I would argue that best drummers list, but thats totally off topic :)

Sorry to hear about your friend, but you are absolutely right. Unless someone famous gets hurt no one ever hears about it. Its ridiculous how much special treatment they have

You can't be serious. How can you say that the coverage of this event is special treatment?

Do you honestly think that national news outlets would not cover a major incident with a celebrity involved. Look at the national news in general it is all people that could be celebrity status. Or better yet are you expecting national headlines for every single car wreck, drive by, heart attack, and murder? I am willing to bet that the everyday joe gets more coverage - it's just that it is in a smaller arena like local news outlets.

Last edited:
You can't be serious. How can you say that the coverage of this event is special treatment?

Do you honestly think that national news outlets would not cover a major incident with a celebrity involved. Look at the national news in general it is all people that could be celebrity status. Or better yet are you expecting national headlines for every single car wreck, drive by, heart attack, and murder? I am willing to bet that the everyday joe gets more coverage - it's just that it is in a smaller arena like local news outlets.

I'm not saying that coverage of this event is special treatment. I mean in general. They do and you cant deny it that they don't. Everyone knows it. It holds true

If you actually read this thread you would see this:
Did everyone here about the plane crash in CT last night ? Or the boating accident here that lead to a death and 4 people in the hospital ?

No ? No, of course not. Because no celebrities were harmed in the making of it.

No celebrities were harmed so no one heard. Which is exactly my point.

I'm not saying that coverage of this event is special treatment. I mean in general. They do and you cant deny it that they don't. Everyone knows it. It holds true

If you actually read this thread you would see this:

No celebrities were harmed so no one heard. Which is exactly my point.

I did actually read the thread and the comment was ludicris - why would you expect that I had heard about those events? The reason that I did not hear about it was because I am not living in that geographic area. It does not impact/resonate with me as much . I am not saying that Barker and AM impact me but atleast I can put a name with the faces on the screen - not to take away from Cel's friends. I am sure that at least one of those events made the local news or even the regional news for that city/state at least it would have in WI where I am from.

The prominence of news is directly related to the number of people it impacts. Sorry to say that but it is true - I am not saying that it is right but it is true. Did anyone here hear about the two students at my school that died in a car accident last year? Thats right I wouldn't expect you to as it did not effect anyone out side of our area. It made the local/regional/and state news sites but didn't go past that. As it doesn't really affect anyone past that level. Celebs on the otherhand are people that "we" look up to, feel that we know, "care" about and what to know about. Of course a big celeb is going to make the news - more people care.

Last edited:
:deadhorse: are you guy seriously gonna start an argument???

we should just be feeling sorry for these guy, all the negativity isn't gonna make any difference, and frankly nobody gives a shit about what the media is biased towards.

cuz we all know it happens and theres really not a damn thing u can do unless you were an exec at a news organization

i do feel that this has gotten more coverage than may disasters that deserved more but still i also feel pretty damn sorry for a dude that got his dick burnt.

thats gotta suck a fat bitche's asshole

yeah and i bet nobody outside of South Carolina heard about the terrorists that were caught in Charleston in 2007

Back