Treadmill--uhhggg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

found this helpful as a rough guide to what different BF numbers "look like"

Measure-Body-Fat.png

Big Country is a fat fuck (30%?) and is a solid contender in the ring.

I'd be happy with 20% BF to be honest. lol i'm probably 25%

After my last layoff from my back injury I did a hydrostatic bf test and came in at 17% at 185 pounds. That was with 6 months of near 0 exercise. At my peak BJJ competition I was probably around 6-8% at 170 pounds. It was nearly impossible to maintain working a 50 hour week and commuting 1-2 hours a day.

found this helpful as a rough guide to what different BF numbers "look like"

Measure-Body-Fat.png

I saw those too. It's a little unfair because the guys who have low body fat also have a LOT of lean muscle mass. get those guys down from 220 lbs to 180 lbs and it looks a little different.

yeah I would say I'm in that 24% range...maybe even in the 25%....so sad..i used to be in the 15% range when I was in the 180lb area and working out like crazy....I just let myself go over the years....crazy what years of laziness will do to a man. Going to be 38 next month and I'm trying to workout like I'm 25 lol.

I've had some setbacks.....slacked a bit....got back up to 213.8 as of memorial day......I'm glad to say I'm back down to 197.6 as of this morning.....treadmill 5 to 6 days a week no less than 40 minutes a day ...90% walking 3.3 to 3.7 on 10-12 incline..with some running at 5 to 6mph at 2 to 3 incline. Im eating very healthy and very portion controlled with the exception of a burger and fries here and there or the occasional wings....

.I'm shooting for 190 by September's end

IMG-20160818-WA0002.jpg

I've had some setbacks.....slacked a bit....got back up to 213.8 as of memorial day......I'm glad to say I'm back down to 197.6 as of this morning.....treadmill 5 to 6 days a week no less than 40 minutes a day ...90% walking 3.3 to 3.7 on 10-12 incline..with some running at 5 to 6mph at 2 to 3 incline. Im eating very healthy and very portion controlled with the exception of a burger and fries here and there or the occasional wings....

.I'm shooting for 190 by September's end

Good work. It can be difficult to stay consistent, especially when you're busy.

I'm in the process of leaning out a bit, too. I was 215-217 and I'm currently down to 198-202 consistently. It's been a successful cut, especially considering I've been to 7 different states in the last 2 months. I got a membership at anytime fitness, which I'd recommend for those of you that travel a bunch but want to stay in shape. I haven't found a major city without one yet..

Goal is to get down to 195 ish then clean bulk back up to 210-215 over the next 6 months.

nice, i'd like to dump another 20 lbs. i've been all over the place in the past 2 years.
went down to 180, slowly climbed back up to 230, dropped back to 205, then started lifting regularly, now sitting around 220. would like to keep my arms and build but go back to 205.

nice, i'd like to dump another 20 lbs. i've been all over the place in the past 2 years.
went down to 180, slowly climbed back up to 230, dropped back to 205, then started lifting regularly, now sitting around 220. would like to keep my arms and build but go back to 205.

I'm kind of annoyed about the workout situation in my house...ever since i started my new job and the new hours i have been working out at 5am instead of after work, which is the same time my wife works out. The problem is now that we redid the basement and put down the new gym floor in the gym area, my wife started working in that area. She used to work out in from of the TV on the carpet. Well, i can't lift if she is doing her work routines so that's why i have been doing treadmill. I feel/look like i have lost muscle mass in my arms. I'll have to figure something out.

I'm hoping to be 193.8 by the end of this week. The weekends always set me back. That will be 20lbs in 3 months..180 is the ideal goal but seems like a stretch. If i reach 187ish i'd be thrilled, though i am pretty happy with my results so far.

God damn I hate treadmills. Lol

Time to start stacking on some weight. Currently 205, would like to be 220-225 by March.

I hope when you're doing the incline, you aren't holding the handles at all. As that defeats the purpose of using any incline.

I see SOO many people at the gym put the incline at 15% then just lean back at the same angle while holding the handles. Pointless.

yeah, I lol every time i see the power walkers doing that shit.

I hope when you're doing the incline, you aren't holding the handles at all. As that defeats the purpose of using any incline.

I see SOO many people at the gym put the incline at 15% then just lean back at the same angle while holding the handles. Pointless.
You think I lost 22lbs holding handles lol....no I don't hold the handle's

Back