Tri-State results from Oct. 25

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

number9

Here are the results for each Class, overall PAX corrected times, and overall Raw times. Lots of cars. Lots of competition.

tri-state results

50.846+1

What happened on that run? :D

and what the hell is an F500?

13m FM 47 Clair Smith NY F500 34.301

sick times. 34's all across

Originally posted by Airjockie@Oct 31 2003, 04:05 AM
Looks like a fun crowd...I wish I was invited to run.... <_<

Clayton,

Each state enters a "team" of 25 cars (or thereabouts). The officers of CART decide which cars are going, but they're generally the leaders of each Class.

The reason you see more than just three cars in each class, is because that particular autocross club (Northern New Jersey) was having a normal autocross that day, in addition to the Tri-State competition - which was a surprise to most of us.

Last year when we hosted the Tri-State, I don't believe it was open to all - just the people taking part in the Tri-State.

Next year New York hosts the event.

C.

Brian,

A Formula 500 is an open wheel formula car that has a motorcycle engine (typically Yamaha, I believe). Yes, they're very fast and look quite fun.

Ah yes, the 50.846+1 run. Very exciting. The course ended with a high speed, six cone slalom (about 30 paces between the cones). I was really pushing it, got out of balance and didn't let up when I should have. A very nice 180 ensued, taking out a cone in the process.

Originally posted by number9@Oct 31 2003, 11:33 AM
Ah yes, the 50.846+1 run. Very exciting. The course ended with a high speed, six cone slalom (about 30 paces between the cones). I was really pushing it, got out of balance and didn't let up when I should have. A very nice 180 ensued, taking out a cone in the process.

:lol: :lol:

those are the best :p

Back