Tricks?¿

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riceburner

does anyone know any tricks to do to my motor to make it run alittle faster?? or make it run real good..just any kind of trick..

advance your timing
take off the cat
tune up...(requires $$$ like everything you do to a car to make it faster)

reliable cheap fast
you can only have 2 out of the above 3

NOS octane booster. I used this stuff it was like a 50 shot of nitrous.

But seriously, you can always polish your exhaust ports, get good spark plugs/wires, good oil, buy/make an intake for $20, advancing your timing is always good, take off your ac. Or stop dicking around with a slow motor and swap somethin else in or turbo it.

Originally posted by karnash@Apr 30 2003, 12:00 PM
pull a rabbit out of your tailpipe

good one karnash.

take off the a/c , p/s, cruise control. take out your seats, interior panels, radio and speakers, spare tire and all other trunk materials. get rid of everything you won't need.
it's all free, it'll save you about 80-100 pounds and you can always put it back if you ever need it. just aware that you'll have to get the a/c refilled at a shop if you chose to put it back and you'll have to buy some fluid for your p/s if you put that back.
fluids = $$
refilling a/c = $$

I pulled all the black plastic parts that filled my engine compartment and replaced any that a rock might be able to get in with cheap wire mesh,also drilled 1/4 inch holes above the filter in the filter cover[not shure if this helped or hinderd airflow] and 1/4 inch holes in the recessess in my front bumper,shure seemed to help get cooler air in and hot air out,ran stronger,not like a real recommendation but when I was broke it was something to screw with.

what kind of HP would i get out of porting and polishing my head..and does anyone know all the directions of puttin a home built turbo together?? or know "everything" i will need to do it

due to the fact that every PnP is different there is no way to say how much you will gain

and try homemadeturbo.com

you are in the hybrid section.

this has nothign to do with hybrid. please read where you are.

closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back