Tricks to staying awake?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

programmers rarely print :D

and today, i'm not in myu underwear. i'm in my jogging suit :)

1. Aderol
2. Coke
3. Double brew coffee, mix in instant coffee mix. Enjoy about 3 hours of ephoria before you fall flat on your face.

When I'm stuck in a situation where I'm really tired, usually on a 72 hour binge of lack of sleep or something I load up on caffeine pills, meaning lik hydroxcut hardcore, or t3 or some other crazy shit and I do something active for a about 15 minutes. Be it a really really hard run, or pushups til I puke, or just jump rope. The pushups usually make me feel the best and I'm not ridiculously sweaty, but its guaranteed to keep me up another 4 hours or so.

But be aware this might cause you to be uncomfortable because your heart will feel like its going to explode.

When I'm stuck in a situation where I'm really tired, usually on a 72 hour binge of lack of sleep or something I load up on caffeine pills, meaning lik hydroxcut hardcore, or t3 or some other crazy shit and I do something active for a about 15 minutes. Be it a really really hard run, or pushups til I puke, or just jump rope. The pushups usually make me feel the best and I'm not ridiculously sweaty, but its guaranteed to keep me up another 4 hours or so.

But be aware this might cause you to be uncomfortable because your heart will feel like its going to explode.
Yea I don't mess with caffeine pills anymore. I will be going for a run when I get home, that should help. If not I'll take a nap.

I basically kept myself awake today by staring at the light over my head when I felt myself slipping. I probably looked up a few hundred times.

BTW. How would you guys tell someone to go about learning to program?

Last edited:
You can just call me Mike.
"No talent ass clown"
4baa51d7ac78922dbbc6aac82fe86f4d.gif

Word.

A good friend of mine went and got some cert's from community college and landed a job with a small company.At one point though his previous employer was like learn perl and tossed him a book that looked like a phone book. He did a pretty good job and learned it quickly threw it on his resume and voila head hunters came, hands were shaken ad he had an incredible starting salary at real networks.

Back