Trico Wiper Blades, Not Recommended

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
Just throwing this out there. On November 9th I bought a set of Trico Wiper Blades. Went for the premium beam style Onyx wipers. Monday night I was driving in the rain and could barely see out of the windshield. I thought maybe it was because of the dark. Today its light rain out again and I am having the same problem. These wipers are leaving lines all over the windshield. I am not sure if I just got a bad batch but I have never seen a wiper go to shit so fast in my life. Do not recommend. I will be attempting to get a different brand from the local store. I even washed the windshield when I installed them to make sure there was no dirt or grime that would damage the new blades.

Sucks man.

I highly recommend these denso oem replacements. They are offered in many widths and have the regular loop hook set up.

they have the high-speed fairing to keep them planted at high speeds.

no wiper chatter at highway speeds in the rain.

DENSO 1603120 is the 20" (my passenger side)
DENSO 1603124 is the 24" (my driver side)

I usually go with the Bosch Icon or Rain X Latitude that both offer beam style blades with wind down force.
Both of those have done well for me in the past. I will see if they have the Denso when I go to the store.
How often are you changing out your blades?

every 6 months. i use OEM blades i can get them for 20 shipped a set.

been running Bosch Icons for probably about 10 or 12 years
love them
this year I decided to try out the Valeo Ultimate Frameless
they were $15 less for the set, and so far they seem great
fit and finish on them is excellent (probably even a little nicer than the Icons)
they are very similar to the Bosch Icons... the "spoiler" on them is offset to one side unlike a lot of the cheap models that have it just kind of centered... the biggest difference is that the rubber "spoiler" does not completely encapsulate the spring bar arm...
479527_x800.jpg

479525_x800.jpg

477927_x800.jpg

477926_x800.jpg

thanks to this they might be a little more flexible than the Icons (hard to compare brand new blades to 2 year old blades)

I am happy with them so far... they wipe well, they are quiet, hold to the window well, they have not chattered at all in the month and a half I've had them... so far so good... we shall see how they hold up over time and how long they last

I usually go with the Bosch Icon or Rain X Latitude that both offer beam style blades with wind down force.
Both of those have done well for me in the past. I will see if they have the Denso when I go to the store.
How often are you changing out your blades?
I've had these since may, still fine.
This is my 3rd set on the car, 6 years old, 77k.

We get some rain up here.....

Last two years I made a switch. I get a new pair every 6 months or so. Get the cheapo costco ones when they're on sale. They're OK at best.

Used to get bosch icon's onsale 1x a year. I loved them.

BMW gets OEM's at oil changes. They're good.

I've used the Bosch Icon, Trico Onyx, Rain-x Lattitude, and even the expensive PIAA ones.

they all seem to perform the same and last the same amount of time. buy whatever is cheapest i guess.

Well... Slight update to this thread.
I figured out what the problem is with the wipers.
I park across from a boat yard that was spraying a newly built barge last week. I usually pull in, but last week one day I backed in with the windshield facing the boat yard.
The wipers were sounding like they were going over sand paper and I finally recognized the noise as wipers going over over-spray.
Stuck my hand out the window and felt the windshield... sure enough, tiny little bumps all over.
Picked up some lacquer thinner this morning, going to try and clean it off.

well thats great to know your car has a healthy shade of overspray.

tried the thinner, wasnt working out well so i used a razor blade.
Have a call into the boat yard and they are going to take care of the cars, either through a local shop or a service.
Brand new wipers are pretty shredded, they are going to cover those as well.
So it goes.

If you guys own the building where you work you should check that for overspray also. That could be a big insurance claim for them depending on how many cars got covered.

Back