trim removal

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h82w8

how does the trim on the doors come off without breaking any thing. I am trying to repaint it black because it's faded bad. :angry:

the trim is attached with plastic clips that will break when you pull the trim off. i don't think there is any way around it. it is something i have looked into before. do a search on honda-tech.com and you will find some topics on it. if you break the clips, i hear you have to buy a new set from honda and they only come with the moldings and are $50 a set. just mask them off or better yet, just have them painted. they will look better with paint anyway.

The lower rocker trim is attached by a small nut at the door opening end, the clips which hold it in place can be accessed by removing the door pad. You can then pinch the clips from inside, and the moulding will come off easly.

The upper body line moulding will require, a clip remover or metal scraper/spreader. Start at one side of the moulding, (you will have to feel the clips out) press on the top part of the clip, genlty pull out on the moulding. The do the same on the bottom, work your way across.

I took mine off a few weeks ago, if you break the blue end clips, yes you will have to buy a new moulding, unless you urethane them back on, the white clips can be replaced.

I am in the process of painting my crx, as well don't take short cuts, it will look worse in the end.

Good luck.

Back