Tropic Thunder

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrutalB83

Brutal Moderator
VIP
Who's seen it? It's absolutely fuckin' hilarious!

You guys have never even heard of it? It's a movie, about some guys making a movie. Basically it's Ben Stiller, Jack Black, and Robert Downey Jr, and they all play Hollywood actors shooting a war movie in Vietnam, and they end up getting ambushed by a drug cartel and taken hostage.

I can't believe you guys haven't seen the previews for this. It's getting all kinds of press because Robert Downey Jr. plays black-face in it (i.e. he wears makeup to look like a black guy).

It is freakin' hilarious. And Tom Cruise has an amazingly funny cameo in it.

Seriously, go check it out...

Here's the trailer, for reference...

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pxOzSpUXtg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pxOzSpUXtg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

EDIT: Dammit! Why can I never get videos to embed properly? Help anyone?

I enjoyed it. It was a damn funny movie, I saw both Tropic Thunder and Pineapple Express last weekend. Both of them are highly recommended.

I liked it very much! Although, my cousin didn't really like it except the "Simple Jack" part. Robert Downey Jr. was real good in that movie, except for his mandarin accent.

i want to see it, but im afraid that ben stillers douchebaggery may ruin it for me. he annoys the shit out of me most of the time. a couple of his movies are tolerable i suppose, but overall hes just an asshat

i want to see it, but im afraid that ben stillers douchebaggery may ruin it for me. he annoys the shit out of me most of the time. a couple of his movies are tolerable i suppose, but overall hes just an asshat

Meh, I wouldn't let that stop you from seeing it. There's enough other hilarious stuff going on in this flick that you probably won't be bothered by him much...

Robert Downey Jr. was real good in that movie, except for his mandarin accent.

True, but that was obviously on purpose. He was still in "black mode" there...he was acting like a black guy trying to impersonate a Vietnamese guy...in other words, he was the dude playing the dude disguised as another dude, lol... :D

I enjoyed it. It was a damn funny movie, I saw both Tropic Thunder and Pineapple Express last weekend. Both of them are highly recommended.

I still haven't seen Pineapple Express yet, I might wait for DVD on that one. Is it pretty funny?

The trailer for it looks completely retarded, but I've heard nothing but good things from everyone that has seen it.

I'll probably end up seeing it in the theaters soon.

Would somebody who has no interest in weed or stoner culture find it funny though? Do you have to be a stoner to get it?

It would still be funny. It pokes a lil fun at the stoner life style.

You definitely don't have to be a stoner to like Pineapple Express. :) A lot of the guys here liked Pineapple Express more than Tropic Thunder.

Back